Dr. Bill Young
Practice Leader, Leadership Development and Career Consulting
Bill Young is President of his own business consulting and coaching firm (6 years). He has over 37 years in human resources, training, sales and general management experience. Industries in which he has worked include; Oil & Gas, Exploration and Production, Oil Field services, Manufacturing, IT, Banking; Public Sector, Non-profits, Electric Utilities and others. His strengths are in the areas of Coaching and Mentoring, Leadership Development, Change Management, High Potential Development, Organizational Effectiveness, Team Building, Meeting Facilitation, and Strategic Planning Facilitation.
Prior to his current consulting practice, Bill was Managing Consultant, Leadership, Learning and Performance for The Williams Companies (9 years) where his responsibilities included designing and implementing the succession management and officer talent review processes, managing the company’s performance management process, executive coaching, individual and organizational assessments and team building and employee development. Prior to working at Williams, Bill was the founder and President of Career Development Services, Inc. (15 years) providing executive consulting and coaching, outplacement and leadership training. Prior to Career Development Partners, he served in general management and sales and training capacities in the transportation industry (15 years). He also serves as an adjunct professor at the University of Oklahoma teaching in their master’s level Organizational Dynamics program.
- Oklahoma State Council for Human Resources Management, “Oklahoma Excellence In Human Resources Management” Award – 2002)
- Tulsa Area Human Resources Association Tulsa Area Human Resources Association “President’s Award” – 2004
- International Salesman of the Year, Allied Van Lines, – 1981
Dr. Bill is a proud recipient of the Tulsa Area Human Resources Association’s Excellence Award as well as the Oklahoma Excellence in Human Resources Management Award presented by the Oklahoma State Council for Human Resources Management.
- Executives in energy
- E&P and oil & gas companies
- CEP of an Electric Public Utility
- CEO of a Regional Municipal Transportation Entity
- CEO of a large Non-Profit
- Major (Division Director) of a Metropolitan Police Department
- Manufacturing Plant Manager
- Team Leader of E&P Public Company
- VP of large Public Company
- VP Engineering
- Bank President and others
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Senior Professional in Human Resources
- 60 Assessment Tools (CCL Benchmarks, Executive Dimensions, Pathfinder, LEA 360, Custom Designed)
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator
- New Horizons Retirement Coaching
- The Center for Creative Leadership in all their 360 multi-rater products.
- Masters (M.Ed.) in Counseling and Personel Services
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Counseling Psychology
Learn More About Career Development Partners
Could consist of a brief meeting to bounce ideas or an in-depth dive to address an area of development which may include a 360-degree assessment. What challenge is holding back your key leaders?