10 Ways to Supercharge Your Career

10 Ways to Supercharge Your Career!

It’s not enough to expect your job search to turn around; you have to make it happen. In fact, most individuals who are finding employment have constantly changed up the way they conduct their search.

Realities in Today’s Competitive Job Market: Over 80% of job seekers found their job by networking. Therefore, that leaves only 20% of job seekers who found their job by all other resources including job boards and website postings (these have the highest competition and lowest return on time invested).

Conduct an honest review of your job search by doing the following:

  1. Determine what you really want? (Job title, location, industry, salary range, additional targets)
  2. Believe that your goal is achievable
  3. Write down your goal where you can read it as you conduct your search
  4. Set daily goals for number of meetings and calls, then track your success against these goals
  5. Identify how to overcome obstacles you’ve encountered to date
  6. Determine if you need additional knowledge or skills
  7. Determine how to build your network daily
  8. Make a daily plan – know 100% of the calls you will make each day
  9. Visualize yourself accepting a job offer
  10. Spend a minimum of 35 hours a week on your job search if you’re unemployed, 10-15 hours if you are employed


Vow to make this year a year of success!

Travis Jones - CEO of Career Development Partners

Written By Rick Christensen

Rick has been a career consultant for over 20 years, serving a very broad-based and diverse clientele. His specialties include effective group facilitation, one-on-one coaching and consultation at all levels including senior executives.

You May Also Like…

Anatomy of an Interview

Anatomy of an Interview

Unlock the secrets to interview success with our comprehensive guide. Learn how to navigate the complexities of job interviews and maximize your chances of landing the position you desire.

Share This