As we complete another year, consider writing a book or journal of your experiences over the next 12 months.
Everyone has a book inside of them, but it doesn’t do any good until you pry it out of them.
Writing a book is something everyone should be able to do within their lifetime.
Absolutely everyone has their own story and no matter how dull and boring their life is, we have one. So, dig it out. Who knows it may become a best seller one day.
Don’t forget, no one else sees the world the way you do. No one else can tell your stories like you.
Every famous author had a first book once.
I believe something very magical can happened when you write a book and share it with others.
A few suggestions for your personal book or journal.
- Write down things you are thankful for in-a-given day that really touched you
- Write down something your learned today that changed your thinking or impacted you
- Write down a story that you want to remember past or present
- Write about a person that came to your mind today as you reflect on the people that God has brought into your life
- Write down something you read or heard on the internet today – article or pod cast
- Write down something you heard in a meeting and want to remember
- Write down something your pastor or teacher taught you
- Write down something funny your kids or other family members said
- Write down something that if you had to do it over again, you would do it different.
- Write down 10 goals for 2018. It is a fact that people that write out their goals, are more likely to accomplish them.
Enjoy the year and share some of the things you wrote in your book this year with a loved one.
Happy New Year from Career Development Partners
Blessing to you in 2018,
Travis has been an entrepreneur and business owner in Tulsa for over 30 years. He is a certified Life Options Retirement Coach and is certified to facilitate and deliver the Manager As Coach Learning Series (MACLS) through CPI. He serves on the board of Career Partners International (CPI) and is an equity partner in CPI, offering a global reach with over 220 offices.