Career Development Partners is an equity owner of Career Partners International and the only CPI partner for Oklahoma and Arkansas. As part of our network Career Partners International and its global partners, we are at the forefront of technological advances as well as threats. As your partners, we want to bring awareness that during this COVID period, we are seeing an increase in Phishing, Malware, Spyware, and emails that could include an audio file as if you are receiving a Voicemail Message. Please use caution opening emails.
The email messages usually try to lure you into opening an attachment, clicking on a link, or providing personal information that can be used to commit fraud or identity theft. Here’s some tips to avoid getting tricked.
· Use caution when opening attachments. Attachments can include malware and spyware to attack your computer and email programs. Call the individual directly to verify legitimacy.
· Beware of online requests for personal information. A coronavirus-themed email that seeks personal information like your Social Security number or login information is a phishing scam. Legitimate government agencies won’t ask for that information. Never respond to the email with your personal data.
· Check the email address or link. You can inspect a link by hovering your mouse button over the URL to see where it leads. Sometimes, it’s obvious the web address is not legitimate. But keep in mind phishers can create links that closely resemble legitimate addresses. Delete the email.
· Watch for spelling and grammatical mistakes. If an email includes spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors, it’s likely a sign you’ve received a phishing email. Delete it.
· Look for generic greetings. Phishing emails are unlikely to use your name. Greetings like “Dear sir or madam” signal an email is not legitimate.
· Avoid emails that insist you act now. Phishing emails often try to create a sense of urgency or demand immediate action. The goal is to get you to click on a link and provide personal information — right now. Instead, delete the message.
Notice the free resources in the CPI World webpage that you can share with people that have no assistance during a reduction in workforce. As global corporate citizens in this time of unique organizational and individual impact, we have an obligation to assist the very ecosystem in which we exact commerce.
As such, we have created some basic guidance notes and tools individuals in need can use to help begin finding their way through sudden job loss. This site can be accessed by clicking on this link, https://www.cpiworld.com/immediate-individual-help/
We are all in this together to thrive in the days to come.