We are at a time when the Thanksgiving season reminds us to reflect on the things, we are thankful for in our lives. However, being thankful throughout the year has incredible benefits on our quality of life.
What’s more, thankfulness may be one of the most overlooked tools that we all have access to every day.
Fostering appreciation doesn’t cost any money and it for sure doesn’t take much time, but the benefits are enormous. Here are a few of the benefits we get for being more thankful:
- Thankfulness opens the door to new and deeper relationships. Dale Carnegie in his book – How to Win Friends and Influence People says that we need to give more honest and sincere appreciation to others, and it will change our influence and our own character.
- Thankfulness improves our overall health and well-being. Far beyond what most of us realize. Studies show that we will experience less aches and pains and feelings of better overall health as a result of thankfulness. It will make you smile more.
- Thankfulness improves mental health. Anxiety, envy, unforgiveness and resentment is toxic and decreases our happiness and increases depression. It improves your attractiveness.
- Thankfulness boosts sensitivity and compassion toward others. It diminished the desire to seek revenge and an attitude of kindness replaces aggression. Makes you more approachable.
- Thankful people can sleep better at night. Take a few minutes to journal before retiring to bed to remind yourself of all the things you are thankful for. It may just change your dreams.
- Thankfulness improves self-image. Sport figures who have good self-image are better in their profession. They are not caught up in comparing themselves to others and show appreciation to peers. Their influence is contagious.
I encourage you to take the opportunity to increase your thankfulness sensor. Take a few minutes to focus on all that you have – rather than complain about all the things you think you should have.
Today we are thankful for you, our friends. Not just because it is Thanksgiving week. but because people like you make worthy the Thanksgiving Holiday season.
“It is with joy that we come to this time of year and celebrate in Thanksgiving your contribution to our business and lives.”
Holiday greetings from our wonderful team where we believe that “people are worth the investment”
Travis is a career transitions coach, certified Life Options Retirement Coach and is certified to facilitate and deliver the Manager As Coach Learning Series (MACLS) through CPI. He has served on the board of Career Partners International (CPI) and is an equity partner in CPI, offering a global reach with over 270 offices in 45 countries.