One of the greatest challenges of any job search is establishing and maintaining momentum regardless of results achieved. Your job search is a learning experience that will build character and teach you things about yourself you never knew. It’s often effective to declare a new phase of your job search activities to breathe new life into your search efforts. With each phase of your job search you will be more informed and conduct a better search.
Characteristics of successful job seekers:
- Know you will find a job – Your mental attitude greatly impacts your results. If you think you can or think you can’t be successful in your search, you’re right
- Be extremely persistent throughout your entire search – Every no is that much closer to a yes. Never forget your job search is a sales process and that guarantees objections and rejections. Those experiences can’t stop your job search efforts.
- Rejuvenate yourself and take time to relax – Take care of yourself and your health so you can outlast your competition. Participate in activities that you enjoy.
- Avoid noise, which is anything or anyone who is negative
- Visualize and meditate so you are free from distractions – This will help you overcome the stress of conducting your search and clear your mind.
Rick Christensen: Director, Career Transition Practice
Rick has been a career consultant for over 25 years, serving a very broad-based and diverse clientele. His specialties include effective group facilitation, one-on-one coaching and consultation at all levels including senior executives.
Rick’s passion is coaching individuals through career transitions, developing career management strategies and in identifying and sharpening competencies to open doors to new opportunities. His efforts have assisted thousands of individuals achieve their full potential.